Friday, March 21, 2008

News Paper




The timing was 2 minutes. For what you ask eh? It was for staring at the screen and thinking what to write now for the blog. I am in a dilemma. I have this great story or shall I say experiences my friend had and I was going to dedicate this whole blog to him but then I thought its one thing sharing all his humorous experience with me but its another thing that I will share that with all of you. I cant betray his trust so I let it go otherwise I can vouch that this blog would have been greatest undoubtedly. But the bottom line is I cant so once again its back to square one.

Everybody’s proud of their nationality and so I am but I don’t know how many of them are aware that no civilization is perfect. There’s always a different side too of that civilization. I was reading about the mentality of Indians and it was funny. No doubt our civilization is the first (Harappa civilization 5000 BC, what did you learn in history) and the best but it also has its faults like many others. One of the common mentalities is trying and reusing gift wrappers, gift boxes, and of course aluminum foil. Ok u can say we are cheap but I argue that we are so concerned with garbage problem that what we are doing is called recycling. Recycling not just cans and paper but gift papers too and it has an advantage, its cost cutting. Of course a good way to say cheap but hey what can I say perhaps harrapa people were like that and we got those genes and I guess we will carry forward those DNA’s too.

I know one thing is that if I ever buy a news paper, I wouldn’t throw it just after reading the headline or until my travelling is over. I remember that during my vacation I was staying in a different city and working in a different city. So I had to travel by bus and then by train (GO known as Govt of Ontario) which used to travel intercity. The transit time was approximately an hour and half. My bag would have loads of novels, my Ipod and FREE daily magazine. Notice the word free in capital letters, if I had to pay forget it. So u know what I would do after boarding the train. I would look for a seat where someone would have left recent news paper. Usually I would find it and then I would take it, sit on that seat and read leisurely. That’s what I loved about Canadian people. They would buy the paper, read the headline and when their station comes they would leave the paper for me to read. How I thank them in my prayers. O lord give wealth to this people so that they can provide daily event updates to people like me who are always on the look out for free current newspaper.

During the journey I would read the paper then would put it in my bag and would come to the store. I wouldn’t toss that paper in the garbage can until I have read nearly all the article, even those which wouldn’t interest me but how can I let go of this paper until I haven’t exhausted its full potential. I don’t know about others, but one of my friend carried the same passion. Unfortunately his transit period was half an hour and also he was travelling by Toronto bus where there’s hardly any paper left. I do know that even when I was travelling in the bus as soon as someone leaves today’s paper before I even think about taking it, two or three people would be pulling at it. The competition for free paper there was more ferocious than a cell of sperm going for the ovary. It was a battle ground and we all were gladiators hungry for free recent news paper.

Our uncle also subscribed for Toronto star and in the morning when we had work to do, My friend and I used to take the paper. Poor uncle would search the whole day and after a day or two did realize we were snatching the paper so asked us to take the home improvement and all those girls section while leaving financial, auto and main times with him. Now who wants to read the latest fashion and how to improve your home? We did wanted to give him a peace of our mind but because of deference we restrained from doing it.

I guess there is certain attraction when you see paper lying around, which happens to be today’s paper and you didn’t pay for it (Also you happen to have the time to read). I don’t know about you guys but it does attract me stronger than Jupiter’s gravity or a gorgeous gal’s come on signal.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOT BAD...I GUESS I M BECOMING A FAN OF YOUR ARTICLES...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK...NOW I VIEW IT DAILY OR ATLEAST EVERY ALTERNATE DAY TO SEE IF YOU HAVE POSTED ANY NEW ONES. I LOVED THE OPPORTUNITY MISSED ONE TOO...GOOD TO SEE SOMEONE POSTING SOME REFRESHING ARTICLES

Anonymous said...

nice post hmmm so you would be attracted more to the newspaper lying around then my come on signal?