Sunday, July 20, 2008

Walking Naked


This has been second incident in past 2 months that I have seen in paper. The first time was a lady ofcourse not walking entirely naked but in fragmentary state of dressing and walking down the street to protest. The second incident was another lady who made a bet with his male friend to take off her shirt in front of public and she too took off her shirt and walked down the street. Now it takes certain amount of courage to do it but to me walking naked to prove your point or assert a point seems a tad meaningless. We are looking at this superficial way and not understanding the point at subliminal level. 

I just want to ask you how many of you have walked naked? But ofcourse I am talking about it in your privacy of room. Even I am ashamed to walk naked in front of public but in my house when I m all alone, I have done it. If not, then do it. I tell you, it feels so light and liberating. You feel emancipative. Partly I am feeling light is because all my life I have worn clothes so naturally when I walk in state of nakedness, I am shedding 1 or 2 kg of clothes that I have worn. I vividly remember when I was doing basic course in “Art Of Living” where after the course was over, I had to stand in front of all the people who attended the course with me. We had to do certain type of breathing where we were letting go all of our ego and after that I had to perform what the teacher would ask me to do in front of the people. Some had to act like monkey, some had to jump like a rabbit, some had to bark like a dog and I had to dance like a retarded. I am not much of a dancer but because I had to dance like a retarded I am sure I played my part to perfection but the prominent point is after playing the part how I felt, I can’t describe it. That feeling was with me for about 40-50 seconds and that was when I felt how it feels when your ego drops. It was such a light feeling that I have never experienced it before and after that incident again I have never felt it. It was just at that moment. That moment was the moment when my “I” was dropped. I was with infinity. 

So walking naked just to prove a point is meaningless. In the second incident, she did it because her ego demanded it. I still sympathize with the first girl, she did it because she wanted to raise her voice and yes, she got the lime light. But let us also walk naked, why don’t we have courage to do it. I am talking about walking naked figuratively where why cant we shed our ego and drop our “I” because let me tell you only after that we will have infinite happiness. The feeling I experienced when my ego was dropped was of pure bliss. Never ever have I felt so happy in my entire life except during that moment. So let us all experience that moment and shed all the extra baggage we are carrying around.

No comments: