Friday, May 02, 2008

Vibrations

What kind of vibrations my friend is attracting? That’s what I always ask him during travelling. He is the most unfortunate person I have ever come across and I am not saying this based on his testimony but something I have seen, witnessed first hand. Poor soul. I had good fortune that atleast sometimes during travelling I do come across some good babe or some good person as my travelling companion but he……never ever..let me repeat it again …..NEVER. He would always express displeasure in telling me that all he gets as travelling companions are smelly illiterate, uninformed, soiled, sordid, vile, obscene ….that’s it, I m out of vocabulary here but hope you are getting a general idea. I thought may be he might be exaggerating. So one time we went to the movies, usually there would be atleast 1 more friend so the friend with bad vibrations would always sit next to me. I mean we both go to movies for talking only. Who would have heard that you go to see movie in the theatre? That is preposterous. So the other friend of mine would always complain that we are disturbing him. Anyway since this friend would always sit next to me and on the other side would be my friend so I never had to test his theory. But one time we both went alone to see the movie. We got the platinum ticket, I mean cmon its 200 Rs ticket plus only 8 seats are allocated for that segment, there’s this sordid sort of fellow sitting next to him and next to him is a white guy. This sordid fellow looked lost in the English movie. I did have to say that probably my friend is right that he is attracting all sorts of this kind of weirdoes only. After movies we were leaving the theatre and we saw that sordid fellow starting the rickshaw (auto 3 wheeler vehicle) and this white guy sitting in it and then it all clicked. Like dominos crumbling in a line that the person sitting next to my friend was a rickshaw driver and this white guy bought him the ticket to see the movie. Such a nice gesture but I couldn’t stop laughing that in premium segment my friend still managed to attract a rickshaw driver as his next seat partner at the movies. I wonder how much of the movie did this fellow understood. So that droved the last nail in the coffin. From that day all my skeptics have evanescence. Even in plane, he had attracted a foul mouth obscene fellow. Poor guy and here I am hoping that a splendid babe would accompany me in my journey.

Yesterday only I had an embarrassing moment. My friend and I went to this café which now is our usual hangout place for weekend. The good thing is that the coffee is decent with lots of eye catching scenery. We were in middle of good discussion when two gals walked in and sat opposite my table. So the set up was like in front of me was my friend and behind him were this two gals sitting side by side so my friend had to turn his back to see them while all I had to do was glance above his shoulder. This one girl was good to look at but I was too preoccupied with my discussion. At subliminal level, I was watching her but since we were discussing my favorite topic i.e. philosophy I gave that a top priority but my friend broke my spell. He said that whenever he looked at her she is checking me out and bang I am out of my zone. Now the occasional glance I gave at subliminal level has passed on to conscious level. After that how can I carry on with the discussion where you need full gist. So we talked on office matters but now my attention every other minute (wait make that every other second) would divert to her. Things were going good in fact great until time came to pay for the bill. No wait don’t stretch your imagination. I know you must be thinking the old routine where we don’t have the money to pay right? No? well I guess you haven’t seen too many hindi movies then. So we stood up to pay the bill and I found something different. Instinctively I checked my fly and holy shit it was open. In a flash of second, I closed it, faster then an eye could miss, faster then mach 3 speed but I guess that gal was like a high definition movie camera where you can slow down the movie to 1/100th of a second. I knew she saw the replay in her mind at ultra slow speed because after closing my zip I saw her and she was watching what I was doing. There goes my pride. It went for a long long vacation.

I was listening to this retro song by Aerosmith “Falling in love (is so hard on my knees)” and of course the lyrics are meaningless but what was the idea behind this line? Why writer did said falling in love is so hard on my knees. Now one of my suggestions is that perhaps because of love commotion the guy has to be on his knees to repent or apologize. But this thought wasn’t my first choice. In fact none of the choices came and I really had to use my brain to come up with a suggestion. Actually my initial and strong thought was ……..do you know why boxers are denied/renounce….er.. how can i say...hmmm…..exchange of body fluids (thats better) one month before the fight? The answer to that question was my first and instantenous thought. I bet the thought processing must be in nano seconds. What is your thought when you listen to this “Falling in love is so hard on my knees”?

No comments: