Monday, April 07, 2008

A short horror story

I read this book called “Worlds true horror stories” or something like that. In fact it focused more on spirits and all stories were true i.e. they have not just been fragment of imaginations but true story with dates, time and location. Interesting to see that most of the mishaps have been noted in England. Since 16th century England had noted and recorded many witches and spirits incidents. The first time I read this book was when I was 12 yrs old and it scared the shit out of me. Every time I would see outside of the window at night and I would imagine a face staring back at me. My parents were upbraiding me telling why you read this book. I proposed them to read the book as still it was interesting and they denied it out rightly. Perhaps they saw the after effects it had on me and so they wisely kept away from reading it. Now I know how that kid in the movie the sixth sense felt. “I see dead people”, no way not me, you got to be crazy to think that, I am talking about that kid in the movie.

Anyway I have a short horror story to tell. It started with a man buying a house at the outskirt of the city. It was a beautiful house with a big garden and French windows overlooking an expanse garden and pathway leading to the dense woods. Things were good in the beginning as always is. But then subtle things started to happen. Some things which are conventional, which you hear whispers about it but still ignore. Some rumors in the city but you still disregard it because at the back of your mind, you are skeptical. However things started to change in 3 months after the man possessed the house. Suddenly without any warning recession came. Finance minister began yelling about high inflation and slow down of GDP growth rate. Suddenly all the sectors started declining in their growth. Inevitable happened and that is the guy couldn’t make the mortgage payment. This had to happen and within six months the guy had to leave the house. But the next month, things started to get better just like snow melting and sun coming out, the economy stopped sliding south side and began to make a remarkable recovery. The property value got doubled in just 2 months after the guy left the house because of non payment mortgage for his house.

That is the different thing that there was a dead lady in the basement but still the property value wouldn’t have been affected. Such a horror story which shakes the core out of me.

No comments: