Sunday, March 16, 2008

What should be the title for this post?


What should be the genesis of this blog? For past few days I was itching to write a blog but had no idea what to write. Its not like sometimes when you know, you sit on the computer (its an expression, don’t literally take the meaning that instead of sitting on my chair, I am sitting on computer) to write something and then you realize that you forgot what you were going to write. Its just like sometimes coming into the room and then scratching your head thinking why was I here? Cmon no, its not some short term memory relapse. My memory’s ok although its only during the exams where they disappoint me. I have my mark sheets to prove that. That is my principal pretext to my parents for my exalted marks. Ok I have substantiated here that you or I have no idea where this topic would be going or it would end up where. As thoughts would come into my mind, I would re-arrange, filter, will ponder on it and then would write it. But why am I filtering the thoughts? Why cant I write what comes into my head? Partly because I don’t want my blogs to sound gibberish, partly I don’t want to share some of my innermost feelings. Oh what a web of lies we weave. It is a big quandary.

I came upon this reading by Sri Sri Ravishankarji and perhaps we should look into it too. He said that beauty is the language of heart. When you read poetry, sing a song it is always from the heart. Analysis or explanation is from the mind. Justice and equality are from the head. Uniqueness is from the heart. Heart makes everything special. But, what do we usually do?

If there is any negativity we deal it from the heart, and something that is positive we deal it from the head. If there is suffering, we exaggerate it. If there is problem, we blow it out of proportion. You might have noticed that. When we were child and we got a small scratch we would say “I cut myself so terribly, what is my blood group? I need to know so that I can tell the hospital guys that I need 2 litres of blood”. Right, now here I may be overstating but point remains the same. But our human mind is so infirm that if something beautiful comes by we look it from the head. If somebody is genuinely praising us, we would think I wonder what he wants from me now…why is he buttering me up? Am I right? No, then perhaps its me that should learn this point, while you can happily skip the blog. And if Yes,(good, I am not the only one in this whole wide world) then sit comfortably, rub your eyes, stretch your arms and now come back to reading.

We need to change. Even if we see one good quality, we should exaggerate it. Let us see the negative quality through your head, your mind. Analyse the negative quality, reason it out. “Why is that person behaving like that? Maybe they are stressed, tensed…….” Don’t see negativity through your heart, your heart becomes sore. You store the negativity in you and you become miserable. The person who bitted your head is long gone while here you are thinking about it in your heart and making your present moment miserable. What good does that you? If it doesn’t then why are we doing it? Everybody wants to be happy right? So why cant we choose to be happy instead of relying on the circumstance to make us happy.

There’s this one friend of mine with whom I don’t talk any more. Sometimes when he calls to meet, I avoid him giving vague reasons. May be I am storing all this bad experience I had with him in my heart instead of my mind and that is why I don’t feel like speaking to him any more but what the heck? I will call him tomorrow and see what is he up to? May be will give myself a chance to see if we could be friends again and even if not then atleast I will be satisfied that I did try instead of doing nothing , rejecting him and letting our friendship going down the drain. We will see…we will see what happens. Till then Live life…….(I hope my memory doesn’t fail me tomorrow and I do remember to call him otherwise god help me)

No comments: